REALIZING THE AMERICAN DREAM
This monthly course walks potential homeowners through the home buying process and covers topics including:
- Preparing and sticking to a household budget
- Deciding on how much house you can afford
- Discovering the impact of your credit score and how to improve it
- Working with a real estate agent
- Purchasing a home inspection
- Appraising your future home
- Learning the mortgage loan process
- Buying homeowner’s and title insurance
- Closing your loan - how much will it cost?
- Maintaining your future home
Home buyer education is funded in part by the Montana Board of Housing, Montana Department of Commerce, NeighborWorks Montana and philanthropic donors. Completion of homeownership education results in a smarter, better borrower, and may help participants become eligible for down-payment assistance, low-interest mortgages, and matched savings programs.
Courses run Monday and Tuesday evenings from 5:00-9:00 pm in Snowy Mountain Development’s conference room. There is a non-refundable $20 per household charge for the course which includes dinners both nights, numerous handouts and course completion certificates.
Local professionals including realtors, mortgage lenders, home inspectors, home appraisers, and title & insurance agents are presenters at the eight hour course. Please call 535-2591 to sign up.